Suggestions & Complaints

Want to make a suggestion to the practice?

Your comments and suggestions are important to us, please click on the 'Suggestions Form' link, complete the form to send them to us.

Please note : only use this form for comments about the practice and suggestions as to how we can improve our service to you.

Medical matters and official complaints cannot be dealt with via this form. If you have a query regarding a medical matter please telephone reception to make an appointment to see the appropriate person.

Want to make a complaint?

a person on a mobile phone

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.


Feedback and Complaints

We operate a practice based complaints procedure. If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. Most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

The ‘Responsible Person’ for our complaints procedure is one of the partners, Dr D Fox and the Practice Manager. We also have a clinical governance manager, Chelsea Hodges.

How to complain

If you wish to make a formal complaint, it would be helpful if you would let us know as soon as possible, ideally, within a matter of days, as this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. Complaints should be made within 12 months of the date of the occurrence giving rise to the complaint or from the time that the complainant became aware of the matter. However, discretion will be used if the complainant is considered to have good reason for a delay in complaining and if it is still possible to investigate the complaint fairly and effectively.

Complaints should be addressed to our practice manager. If this causes you a problem, you may ask to speak with our ptactice manager and discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and we will give you an indication of the timescale for the investigation and resolution of the complaint.

When we investigate your complaint, we will aim to:

· find out what happened

· arrange for you to have the opportunity to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you wish

· keep you informed of any delays in the investigation

· make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate

· take appropriate action to improve services


Who can complain

A complaint may be made by:

· a patient

· a former patient

· anyone else who has been affected by the action, omission or decision of the practice that led to the complaint

A complaint can also be made by a representative acting on behalf of a person mentioned above where that person has died, is a child or is unable by reason of physical or mental incapacity to make the complaint themselves and has requested the representative to act on his/her behalf.

In the case of a patient or person affected who has died or who is incapable, the practice must be satisfied that there are reasonable grounds for this method of representation and that the third party is genuinely acting in the best interest of the individual. If the practice is not satisfied that this is the case, we will inform the representative in writing, stating the reason for our decision.

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we will need to know that you have his or her permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be required unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

What can you do if you are dissatisfied with the result of our Investigation?

If you remain unhappy after the practice has dealt with your complaint, you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) to review your complaint. The complainant will need to provide reasons why they are still dissatisfied.

The PHSO address and contact details are as follows:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman City Gate, 51 Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3HQ. Further information about the Ombudsman is available at Complaints Helpline: 0345 015 4033 (open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm)

Fax number: 0300 0614000 Email: